Training Courses Available for the Novice and Beginner in:
AWAKE TUMESCENT LIPOSUCTION TECHNIQUE
Many physicians across the U.S. have spent time with Dr. Thomas E. Young of Young Medical Spa® learning the various techniques and aspects of awake tumescent liposuction. If you are a licensed physician and are interested in beginner to intermediate level training in Laser liposuction, or tumescent anesthesia, Dr. Young is offering a two-day program with hands-on experience.
If you are interested in training with Dr. Young, please complete the form below for submission and specify the type of training you are looking to achieve.
One of our staff members will contact you to discuss with you any questions you may have, available dates, and the needs of your visit.The fee for this two-day course is $4995.00.
Please complete the form on this page if you are interested in training with Dr. Young.
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of physicians and other healthcare professionals interested in dermatologic surgery.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the process involved during the patient’s first and second Awake Tumescent Liposuction consultations;
- Discuss the risks associated with Laser, Ultrasound and Water Jet Liposuction & Tumescent Anesthesia;
- Demonstrate proper marking and positioning of the patient for Awake Tumescent Liposuction;
- Compare average tumescent infiltration volumes for abdomen, waist, arms, and thighs;
- Describe symptoms of lidocaine toxicity;
- Describe the functions of various lipolysis devices, power outlets, wavelengths, and areas to be treated during the liposuction procedure;
- Demonstrate basic techniques relating to grid marking, hand piece manipulation, fanning, speed and clinical endpoints;
- Demonstrate fat harvesting through appropriate suction techniques;
- Discuss patient post-operative experiences and instructions;
- Delineate the necessary equipment needed for liposuction and emergency situations;
- Demonstrate the proper technique for mixing tumescent anesthesia.
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
Statements of credit will be awarded based on the participant’s attendance and submission of the activity evaluation form. If you have questions about this CME/CE activity, please contact AKH Inc. at email@example.com.
CME Credit Provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of AKH Inc. and Young Medical Spa®. AKH Inc. is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. AKH Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Thomas E. Young M.D., Physician, Young Medical Spa® Center Valley, PA
There is no commercial support for this activity.